Selling Your Home
The Morton Real Estate team’s objective is to secure the highest possible price for our seller’s properties in the shortest amount of time while minimizing inconvenience.
It is that simple and it’s that important.
Locally owned and an independent real estate company ensures the finest of personalized services for all those looking to sell property in Maine. We have great flexibility in responding to a changeable market, and an unique ability to think outside the box.
In that capacity, the first step would include:
- Inspecting the property.
- Research all properties that are comparable to yours that have sold within the past year, are under contract, and are currently on the market as your competition.
- Prepare a written comparative market analysis and opinion of value.
- Establish a competitive pricing strategy.
- Recommending improvements to get your property market ready or staging which may help to sell your property more quickly and at a higher price.
- Market with your desired time frame in mind.
Next, we identifying a target market for your home; then we customize a market plan to fit your needs, a plan that recognizes the unique nature of your home and one that will reach the broadest spectrum of qualified buyers.
This step would include:
- Conduct a property tour so all the associates in the office know the property and can promote it well.
- Gather information on the town, schools, government and zoning important for marketing.
- Gathering detailed listing information, photographs, and disclosures for distribution to buyers.
- Prepare and distribute a color brochure to buyers and other brokers.
And then we get to work — implementing your individualized plan.
The third step is marketing. Morton Real Estate‘s advertising strategy is one of the most comprehensive in the business. We expertly coordinate all aspects of a multi-level approach to property promotion.
As your Maine Realtors, we utilize print advertising, internet marketing, descriptive copy, and compelling photography to successfully capture interest from your target market prospects.
Using internet marketing, we promote your properties on our website, through social media as well as newsletters and email blasts. We also maintain a wide internet presence by using other websites with a real estate focus to promote your property (e.g. Realtor.com, TheRealEstateBook.com, Zillow, Trulia and online publications such as the Wall Street Journal among many others).
Offline we advertise on a rotating basis in publications such as The Times Record and Forecaster, The Real Estate Book, Downeast Magazine, Portland Magazine, Bowdoin Magazine, and other publications that highlight the Maine real estate market.
We show and promote the property to potential buyers and buyer-agents. We will provide you with buyer feedback, objections, changing market conditions and advise you on how to maximize your sale price.
Once an offer(s) has been made on your property, our associates continue to work on your behalf to get the best price and terms as well as:
- Review the offers received.
- Help negotiate the best price and terms for you.
- Research any special concerns, requests or contingencies that the buyer may have relative to the subject property.
- Negotiate any counter offers.
- Reach agreement with the buyer.
- Facilitate buyer’s financing, appraisal, inspections and title work.
- Advise through inspection/appraisal, financing and title matters and problem solve with you to achieve a favorable outcome.
- Arrange for a closing time and place convenient to you.
- Prepare you and the buyer for the transfer of ownership.
- Attend and guide you through closing
There is no obligation.
We will help you from the first contact with information of value in selling your home.